How to Importing Sites from SiteBuilder 4.5
If you have a site created with SiteBuilder 4.5, you can import it into www.amberit.eu shared web hosting Presence Builder.
Note: The import of sites from earlier versions of SiteBuilder or other content management systems is not supported.
If your site was created with an earlier version of SiteBuilder (4.4 or earlier), and you would like to transfer your site to www.amberit.eu shared web hosting, you can do the following:
- Contact our support team with a request to upgrade your account to the latest version of Presence Builder.
- Transfer your site manually by copying and pasting the content.
During site import, most parts of the site structure and content can be transferred successfully. However, we cannot guarantee that all content will be transferred.
In most well-known cases, the following elements are imported successfully:
- Site map.
- Static pages, including links and images in text modules. Note that text blocks exceeding 30 kilobytes may be cut; therefore, some parts of the text may be missing.
- Banner (if it is not a custom image).
- The slogan, site title.
- Logo (if it is not a custom image).
- Footer text.
- Meta information (keywords, description).
The other modules can be imported only as text widgets with static content, links, and images. Buttons will not work. The image gallery structure can be imported without images.
To import a site from SiteBuilder 4.5:
- Open the Presence Builder editor, and on the topic selection screen, click Import Site from SiteBuilder 4.5.
- Type the Internet address (domain name) of your site that you want to import. For example:
- Select the checkbox to confirm that you are aware of possible import issues, and click Import Site.
- After the site is imported, review and edit it as required. ( In Presence Builder, you can change almost any element of your website. Most of the elements are changed in place - you open a page where the element is used, edit it, and see the result right away. Site-wide elements, such as those inserted in DESIGN areas are changed in one place but the changes are applied to each page of your website. )
Note: If you are using Internet Explorer, we strongly recommend that you avoid using browser zoom to change the size of text displayed in your browser window. Please note that websites in Presence Builder will perform and look best at normal zoom (100%).
You can compare the imported site version with your original site and add the missing information manually.
When finished with editing your website design and content are ready to be published to the Internet, click Publish in the top right corner of the main menu.
Presence Builder will publish your website automatically to the location specified by our system.
If you are publishing your new site to the same subscription on which your site created with SiteBuilder 4.5 was hosted, the old site will be overwritten.