Amber IT uses two types of cookie:
- Session cookies — These expire when you close your browser. They do not remain on your computer.
- Persistent cookies — These stay on your computer for a defined period of time.
Amber IT creates the following cookies when you use our wesite:
- WHMCSInstanceID — This is the most common cookie that most PHP-based websites will use. This stores the unique session ID for each visitor and enables variables to pass between page loads. The cookie only contains a reference to a session on the webserver. The user's browser won't store any personal information. This is a session-only cookie, so it expires as soon as you close the browser.
- WHMCSAffiliateID — Amber IT sets this cookie when an affiliate refers a customer to you. It stores the ID of the affiliate that made the referral so that if the customer places an order within the next 90 days following the referral, the affiliate receives credit for it. It is a persistent cookie.
- WHMCSLinkID — Amber IT only sets this cookie if you use the link tracking (Utilities > Link Tracking). It remembers the link the visitor followed to get to your website, and the system uses it when receiving an order, to be able to associate the conversion with a link to be able to provide stats such as the conversion rate of your links. It is a persistent cookie.
- WHMCSUser — Amber ITuses this cookie for the remembers me functionality of the client area. The system only sets it if a client chose to have the system remember their details, ensuring that they don't need to log in multiple times. It is persistent and lasts for 365 days, or until logout.
- _ga, _gat, _gid - Google Analytics cookies to track users as they navigate the website and help improve the website's usability.
- __utma - Google Analytics cookie, tracks the number of visits a user makes to a site, and the time of the first, the previous, and the current visit. 2 years
- __utmb - Google Analytics cookie, tracks how long a visitor stays on a site - when a visit starts and approximately ends 30 Minutes
- __utmc - Google Analytics cookie, tracks how long a visitor stays on a site - when a visit starts and approximately ends This expires quickly End of the browser session
- __utmz - Google Analytics cookie, tracks where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link) 6 Months
- __tawkuuid, TawkConnectionTime - This cookie is used to identify the visitor via their log-in information in order to provide online assistance, via a chat-box system - this system is provided by Tawt.to.
- __cfduid - This cookie is established by the CloudFlare service so that web traffic to the HubSpot platform is redirected through CloudFlare. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web app or store any identifiable personal information.
- __stripe_mid - Stripe is used to make credit card payments. Stripe uses a cookie to remember who you are and to enable Profoto to process payments without storing any credit card information on its own servers.
- __accept_cookies - A cookie that keeps track of cookies that the user has accepted.
More About Our Cookies
Our own cookies
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so-called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser, you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.